Have you heard of Yao women’s amazing rice water recipe? Have you tried it yourself yet? If not, then after reading this, you will definitely.
Yao women’s rice water recipe went viral during the lockdown, and it came to be true that rice water is the secret to the longest hairs in the world.
It is not new to Asian countries as they have used it for centuries.
Yao women use white rice for the rice water recipe and let it ferment for around 3-4 days.
They do not use any complicated treatments or products and are known to have the longest, healthiest hair in the world.
Let’s get complete, detailed information on how to prepare the Yao rice water and how to apply it for maximum effectiveness.
What Makes Yao Women’s Rice Water Recipe Effective?
The technique of rice water preparation through fermentation and the other ingredients used in the recipe of the Yao women make it work effectively. It helps repair and strengthen the hair cuticles, leaving the hair soft and silky. Rice water is loaded with nutrients that help promote new hair growth. It can be used by all hair types, including color-treated hair.
Benefits of Rice Water
Rice water is a natural hair care solution packed with nutrients, minerals, amino acids, and antioxidants. It is a rich source of proteins, carbohydrates, and fat. The nutrients work together to nourish and strengthen the hairs, leaving them smooth, shiny, and frizz-free. It acts not only as a shampoo and conditioner but deeply cleanses the scalp of any dirt while moisturizing it. It also soothes itching and dandruff and prevents mild scalp infections.
Rice water also promotes fast hair growth, reduces hair loss, strengthens the hair follicles, and repairs damaged cuticles and dry hair. It adds shine and luster to the hair. Unlike other commercial hair care products, rice water has 0 side effects and is completely natural.
Some of the benefits of rice water for hair care.
- Regeneration of hair
- Reduces surface tension and hair elasticity
- Strengthens hair
- Gives luster/ shine to hair
- Fights dandruff and fungal infections
- Balances and restores pH
- Do hair conditioning
- Gets rid of lice
- Protects hair from damage
- De-tangles hair
- Smoothens the hair
- Makes hair longer
Fermented vs. Plain Rice Water
Fermented rice water has a higher amount of antioxidants. Antioxidants combat hair and skin cell damage. It has been proved in several studies that fermented rice water is better than plain rice water.
In addition to the benefits rice water provides to hair, it also benefits the skin. The starch present in the rice water helps to heal damaged skin for people with dermatitis.
How to Use Rice Water?
According to research and evidence, it has been found that the murky, white liquid we pour down the drain after cooking hair is full of beneficial nutrients. Rice water provides many benefits to the hair, such as the following.
- Encourages hair growth
- Makes hair shiny
- Cures dandruff
- Protects hair from damage
Clean the scalp properly and spray the rice water properly on the entire hair length.
Yao Women Rice Water Recipe
Yao women’s rice water recipe is the traditional treatment and secret ingredient to long and thick hair.
Rice is the star ingredient in the recipe to get healthy hair. But, it is not the only ingredient. Pomelo peels, tea bran, ginger, and a special fleece flower root native to China hold their place in the recipe.
- White rice/ sticky rice: Rice has enhanced protein, which helps in improving hair elasticity and the prevention of hair breakage. It has anti-aging properties and 75-80 percent starch. Rice water contains amino acids, B vitamins, Vitamin E, minerals, and antioxidants.
- Water: Water is a natural moisturizer and contains minerals that are beneficial for hair. These include zinc, copper, iron, and calcium. Copper helps in hair pigmentation. Calcium helps to maintain the shine of the hair. Water soaks up hydration and replenishes the scalp, leaving it away from dryness, itching, or dandruff.
- Pomelo peels: Pomelo is a super-rich fruit of the citrus family. It has vital nutrients like dietary fibers, vitamin C, and minerals such as iron, potassium, magnesium, etc. Pomelo peels boost the production of collagen, which is essential in maintaining elasticity and the firmness of the skin.
- Tea bran: Tea bran is a by-product of processing Longjing tea. There are a lot of bran discarded in the process of making the Longjing tea. Longjing tea is a kind of green tea rich in antioxidants and helps in preventing hair loss. It also helps to relieve itching in the scalp.
- Ginger: As we all know, ginger is packed with nutrients and antioxidants. Due to this, it helps in resolving problems like dandruff and prevents hair loss.
- Fleece flower root: Fleece flower root is one of the prominent ingredients/ herbs of Chinese medicines. It has anti-aging and rejuvenating properties that are beneficial for the hair. It is effectively used for hair regrowth and is an effective defense for hair fall.
- Wash the rice properly to remove all impurities and dirt.
- Add water to it and rub the rice properly to extract the content of the rice. Do it till the point the water becomes cloudy and sieve it into another pot.
- Heat the water until it boils properly.
- After that, add other ingredients like Pomelo peels, fleece flower root, tea bran, and ginger to the boiling water.
- Cool down the rice water at room temperature.
- Finally, strain the rice water and sit it in a sealed jar. Store the jar in a cool, dark place. Store it for 3-4 days to allow fermentation to take place.
Application of Yao Women Rice Water Recipe
Preparation of the Yao Women rice water recipe is as important as the application of it properly. Some things required for the application of the rice water to the hair include-
Yao Women Hair Care Tips
Some specific hair tips have been proven effective by the Yao women. Some of them are-
- Flip their heads upside down while combing the hair: Yao women flip their heads upside down to comb their hair as flipping their heads down improves blood flow to your scalp. This results in more oxygen and nutrients reaching the scalp and encourages hair growth.
- Protect their hair from wind: Wind causes damage to the outer cuticle layer, which leads to tangles and split ends. It also reduces the moisture level in the hair.
- Use of cold water to wash hair:Cold water helps close the hair cuticles, preventing dirt from building up in the hair follicles. The cold water doesn’t hamper the natural oils, so the scalp and hair stay moisturized, which reduces fizzes.
Do Yao Women Use Shampoo?
You must be surprised by this question. We all need shampoo to cleanse our scalp and remove the buildup. But you will be shocked to know that Yao women don’t use shampoo or products of any kind. Rice water rinse is the only treatment Yao women get for their hair. It contains the necessary ingredients to keep their hair looking shiny and healthy.
In your case, if you have oily hair naturally, then you can use shampoo first for cleaning and then rinse with rice water.
Important Things to Consider for Yao Women Rice Water Recipe
It is advised to apply Yao Women rice water recipe on a clean scalp as it allows better absorption in the hair. So make sure to clean the scalp with a gentle shampoo, use a scalp brush to increase blood circulation, and remove any kind of dirt buildup. Rinse properly with clean water and then with rice water. Leave it for around 20 minutes, as leaving for more time will lead to dry and brittle hair.
Depending on the temperature, the fermented rice water can be prepared in two to three days. Never store the glass jar with rice water near high-humidity places, like the kitchen or washrooms. High humidity can lead to mild or spore formation in the rice water solution. Once proper fermentation is done, store it in the refrigerator to stop the further fermentation process.
This solution can be used for around one month when stored in the refrigerator. Use it and store the leftovers in the fridge.
There has been a growing interest and popularity of natural products for some time now. Some natural ingredients like honey, coconut oil, and aloe vera are replacing commercial hair care. When we plan to stay away from chemical-based products, we get to know about ancient beauty and hair care products, one being Yao women’s rice water recipe.
The benefits of rice water remain unproven; using rice water rinse at home is safe to try at home for hair as well as skin. It is found to promote skin health in people with dermatitis. Who is excited to try out this easy yet super-effective hair care recipe?
We believe all of you as this rice water recipe holds an ancient secret of healthy long hair.