Hair is no longer a gender-biased aspect of importance but rather a sign of overall body health and wellness. A stronger, glossy, thicker hair has now indeed become a factor of confidence, too. How many of you will be surprised to know that your hair is an outline graph to plot your inner health?
Be it for poor nutrition, lack of sleep, or even stress and anxiety issues, your hair is an indicator and reflector of your daily life routine. Well, your damaged hair can be repaired to a greater extent without the help of any medical supplements to an extent with the help of natural food that thickens hair. Continue reading further if you are someone facing issues with hair fall, dry hair, etc.
In this article, we shall be providing descriptive insights into the best foods for stronger, thicker, longer, and glossy hair and the preferred and safest hair care routine to follow.
A Complete Balanced Diet
Before even fixing a dirt schedule or practicing a regime, the most important factor is understanding what are the essential nutrients needed for healthy hair.
The second step comes easier after understanding the nutrient requirements, as it is all about simply cross-checking and verifying if you are consuming all the essentials in the right amounts.
Hair follicles are fragile, so nutritional requirements are quintessential. However, you are lucky enough to benefit from the growth of science as a whole field.
Studies concerning hair strength and possible ways of regaining the natural strength of hair have helped us enumerate the root cause of the problem and also the preferred solutions to fight the battle against unhealthy and damaged hair.
Let us look closely at some of the required contents for healthy hair growth and the natural food supplements that contain the same.
Your hair is primarily composed of a protein called keratin, and it is indeed this element that strengthens and also decides the healthy texture of your hair.
Including a good and fair portion of protein in your diet will always help to maintain the right proportion of protein that is required to nourish your hair follicles. Proteins can be attained by consuming meat, eggs, legumes, nuts, and dairy products in considerate amounts.
2. Omega 3 Fatty Acids
Omega 3 Fatty Acids accelerate the shine and glossy feel of the hair. These fatty acids boost your hair growth by nourishing the hair follicles and preventing dry scalp. Omega 3 Fatty Acids can be easily consumed through fish or fish oil supplements.
Just like how minerals play a cardinal role in the overall well-being of the human body. Zinc, iron, and iodine play an important role in the total nourishment and repair of hair. Incorporating the minerals mentioned above in adequate amounts in your diet will result in shinning, fuller, and thicker hair growth.
Another thing to note here is that iron takes a pivotal role in the entire growth as it facilitates proper oxygen delivery to hair follicles, and a disruption in the same causes problematic hair conditions. Nuts, beans, red meat, fish, and cereals are some of the mineral-rich foods that thicken hair.
Vitamins are always a blockbuster medication and a combination of vitamin-rich food that thickens hair guarantees well-nourished and healthy hair without fail; Vitamins A, B, and C all three are required for well-maintained shinning, thicker, and glossy hair.
Vitamin A helps in the production of sebum, which in turn helps in keeping the scalp moisturized. Vitamin B extracts Biotin and Niacin help in aggravating hair growth and preventing hair loss.
Additionally, Vitamin C succor to collagen production, resulting in improved hair texture. All three Vitamins can be attained by consuming citrus-rich fruits, vegetables (including leafy vegetables), and more.
Well, on looking deeper into the nutritional dynamics, you can draw the inference that hair gets the least priority when it comes to nutritional division from food intake.
The human body is designed in a specific way that the survival of the human hits the major priority, followed by different other hierarchical needs. This, in turn, makes it much clearer that hair fall and damaged hair also occur due to an inadequate proportion of nutritional food.
Let us look closely at some of the stunning food products that can foster and thicken hair growth.
Food Items that Accelerate Hair Growth
1. Sweet Potatoes: Sweet Potatoes are considered healthy carbs, and this food that thickens hair is packed with beta-carotene. This substance is automatically converted to Vitamin-A by the body. Also, they are known to secrete sebum for the natural shine.
2. Salmon: The delicious fish salmon is rich in omega-3 fatty acids and also contains vitamin D. This indeed strengthens the hair follicles and helps to maintain a cleaner and healthier scalp.
3. Nuts and Seeds: Nuts and seeds are a powerhouse of nutrition. Walnuts, almonds, chia seeds, and flax seeds are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, and for the same reason, they have been tagged as foods that thicken hair. Regularly consuming these food items at moderate levels is promising for strong and shiny hair.
4. Eggs: Eggs are the most common and significant source of protein. The hair follicles are built of protein elements, so these protein-packed foods provide additional support and supplements to foster the growth of the hair.
5. Spinach: Spinach is one of the show-stealer green vegetables. With multiple health benefits, spinach helps maintain a healthier and cleaner scalp. The affluent presence of folate, iron, vitamin A, vitamin B, and vitamin C makes consuming spinach an excellent remedy for people experiencing heavy hair fall and dryness in the scalp.
6. Greek Yogurt: Greek yogurt is packed with pantothenic acid and accelerates blood flow to the scalp—increased blood flow results in increased oxygen content, which in turn means improved hair growth and health.
7. Avocado and Pomegranate: These two fruits are the best-healing of all. Avocado is one of the best sources of healthy fats, and pomegranates are abundantly rich in iron. This healthy combination is one of the top-notch foods that thickens hair as they are believed and proven to vanish almost all hair-related problems.
8. Chicken and Red Meat: Chicken and red meat are indeed a great food source without a second doubt. These protein-rich food supplement packs, when consumed at moderate levels at a consistent rate, can bring in changes worth repairing the damage caused to the hair.
A Good Haircare Routine
In addition to all the food supplements, a good haircare routine can further enhance hair growth and improve the existing condition of your hair. The first and foremost step to a good haircare routine is to make up your mind to practice or follow the routine consistently. Be it for any scenario for an organic and harmless result, consistency is the key.
The second step is all about understanding the type of oil that suits your hair the best, or it can even be a combination of oils. The most commonly used oils for hair nurturing are coconut oil, castor oil, argon oil, herb-infused oil, and almond oil.
A weekly, twice, or thrice massage with dedication and proper application of suitable serum to soothe and calm your scalp can do a magical hair redo within an absolutely impressive period.
It is proven and backed by science that a proper hair care routine with an oil massage followed by a diet that is rich in protein, minerals, vitamins, and omega-3 fatty acids can cure the problem to a greater extent.
Summing It Up
In the above article, we see how hair plays a major role in indicating one’s overall well-being and also how it potentially takes a bigger role in defining the ideal physical outlook of a person.
Lack of nutrition, sleep, increased rate of stress, anxiety, work pressure, and even further actively contribute to thinning of hair along with loss of shine and strength of the hair.
With years of research and experiments, we were able to understand how to bring back healthy and shiny hair with the help of natural food supplements. It is also important to note that these foods that thicken hair need to be consumed at moderate levels consistently to be able to witness the change and obtain back the shiny, thick, longer hair.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Do People Experience Strenuous Hair Fall?
Hairfall can occur due to multiple reasons, and the most common reasons accountable for the former are as follows: lack of a proper nutritious diet, inherited genes, sleep, increased stress, anxiety, and exposure to dust and hard water.
Is It Necessary to Follow a Protein-Rich Diet for People Experiencing Hair Fall?
Following a protein-rich diet will indeed help you regain the lost luster, shine, and healthy hair. Our hair mainly consists of a protein named keratin, so nourishing yourself with protein will further help you strengthen your hair follicles and the overall health of your scalp.
What Are the Ideal Types of Foods to Consume for Healthy Hair?
Food items that are rich in protein and minerals like iron, zinc, iodine, and vitamins A, B, and C are ideal for consuming for someone who is looking forward to taking good care of their hair through natural food supplements.
Does Consuming Fruits and Nuts Help in Improving Hair Health?
Fruits and nuts are rich sources of omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins, and iron. Consuming these at a moderate level on a consistent basis will definitely have a positive effect on the overall strengthening of your hair and texture.
When Should You Consider Taking Care of Hair Fall Seriously?
Hair fall is not normal, so when you start noticing hair fall in notable quantity and keeps recurring for a period of time.